GeoHealth provides a collaborative home for disseminating and advancing interdisciplinary research that highlights issues at the intersection of the Earth and environmental sciences and health sciences, focusing on the following topics:
- Environmental and occupational health
- Outdoor and indoor air quality and pollution
- Food safety and security
- Water quality, water waste treatment and water availability
- Climate change in relation to human, agricultural, and environmental health and diseases
- Soil health and services
- Ecosystem health and services
- Environmentally-related epidemiology
- National and international laws and policy, as well as remediation around GeoHealth issues
- Global Public Health
- Effects of climate change on exposure to pathogenic viruses, parasites and bacteria
- Human health risks of exposure to potentially harmful agents in the aquatic environment and through the food chain
- Remote sensing, satellite based observation of infectious disease and modelling
GeoHealth publishes original peer-reviewed research papers, reviews, and commentaries discussing recent research or relevant policy. Most commentaries are invited by the editors.
Founding Editor: Rita Colwell
Add your ORCID to GEMS and always have this identifier link you and all of your work. AGU encourages all authors and reviewers to create and add an Open Researcher and Contributor Identifier (ORCID) to their account. It’s easy: just update your profile on an existing account or add ORCID when you create your account. Learn more about ORCID.ORCIDS will now be required for all corresponding authors and strongly encouraged for coauthors.
AGU officially joins with a number of other publishers in a commitment to include the ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) for authors of all papers published. See statement https://eos.org/agu-news/agu-opens-its-journals-to-author-identifiers
All AGU journal content published from 1997 to 24 months ago is freely accessible online. Content published in AGU's open access journals, including GeoHealth, JAMES, Earth's Future, and Earth and Space Science become fully open immediately upon publication.
Please note: Your username/password will be synched across AGU and be a universal login. The AGU membership site will be accessible with the same username/password you have used or updated in GEMS, and vice versa.
New authors should register for an account.